A Castle more than a 1000 years old... younger than ever!
HISTORY Between Gien and Briare the castle of Saint-Brisson, heritage listed Historical Monument, has been watching the royal river for a thousand years . Its appearance has changed over the centuries: fortified tower of wooden palisades in the eleventh century, King Louis VI of France besieges and ruins the building in 1135. In 1180 the construction of the current building began. In the sixteenth century, Saint Brisson became the property of the Séguier family who abandoned the defensive side to transform it into a dwelling house.
From the rebirth to the twilight of the 20th century, the Marquis Séguier de Saint Brisson continued to arrange the fortress for the comfort of their generations. The castle was willed to the municipality in 1987 by their last descendant: Anne de Ranst de Berchem. It was at this time that a series of renovation works began at the initiative of the "Friends of the Castle".
Taken over in 2015 by the company Tous Au Château, the castle of Saint Brisson knows a second breath & numerous restorations financed by the product of the visits. It is part of a logic of valorization of the heritage and a real strategy of revitalization of the territory by the establishment of attractive and daring activities.